BEME Grant Call
ANNOUNCING BEME Grant call for 2019-2020
We are pleased to announce the first annual BEME grant call for a systematic review on a key theme of importance. Teams are invited to submit a title registration and a cover letter specifying this is for the BEME grant 2019-2020. The deadline is October 31st 2019.
- High international priority for clinical quality improvement internationally
- Huge impact of preventable health care error to patients
- Education has a role, but no current systematic review to consider education
- Theory, content, learning outcomes, educational science and resources not understood
- Tom and Nic will support judging.
- Application using correct BEME title registration form https://bemecollaboration.org/Step+3+Register+Topic/
- Cover letter stating this is an application for the award and justifying why the team should be considered for the award
- Application received before 5pm 31st October 2019 to [email protected]
- The lead applicant must be a member of AMEE to win the grant
- The project must begin before 1st January 2020 and a presentation given at the BEME short communication session at AMEE in 2020 Glasgow.
- The applications will be judged on the importance of the specific area covered, the feasibility of the project and likelihood of an output that will impact practice
- Methodology should embrace the full range of review types and synthesis methods possible
- Core will be the perceived degree to which the article helps educators design or implement evidence informed medical or health professions education.
Award committee and winners
- All authors will be recognized with a certificate and may list the award on their CV
- The first author will receive a plaque and their AMEE meeting fee waived next year and a slot at the BEME Short communication session to present findings in 2020.
- The announcement will be made by 1st December by usual AMEE channels
- BEME grant Committee members will not be eligible for the award
- 3 persons representing BEME Collaborating Centres, BEME Review Committee and BEME Executive