Example of ideas for a future BEME review
Proposals for future BEME reviews are always welcome. The process for submitting a review can be found at "Steps in the Review Process."
- The use of technology enhanced learning situated within the workplace (tablets, iPads, smartphones etc.): Student attitudes and efficiency of learning.
- Educational interventions on handover of care: Content, teaching methods and effectiveness
- What are the features of educational interventions that lead to translational patient outcomes?
- How does learner motivation impact performance on OSCEs?
- What is the role of instructor expertise and experience on the performance of learners during simulation scenarios?
- Cultural effects upon the performance of International Medical Graduates
- Innovative educational interventions; are they supported by theory or serendipity?
- What basic science foundation is needed for effective clinical reasoning and under what conditions do physicians use basic science knowledge?