Third Party Publications about BEME Literature
Here is a list of some of the literature that has been published about BEME. If you know of others not shown here, please email the details to BEME today.
Peer reviewed literature about BEME reviews
- Best Evidence on High-Fidelity Simulation: What Clinical Teachers Need to Know. Issenberg SB, Scalese RJ. Accepted to Medical Education
- Effect of Practice on Standardized Learning Outcomes in Simulation-Based Medical Education. McGaghie WC, Issenberg SB, Petrusa ER, Scalese RJ. Medical Education 2006;40(8):792-7.
- Effective use of simulations for the teaching and acquisition of veterinary professional and clinical skills. Scalese RJ, Issenberg SB. Journal of Veterinary Medical Education, 2005:32:461-67.
Papers published in medical journals relating to BEME
- The effectiveness of PBL: the debate continues. Some concerns about the BEME movement, Dolmans D (2003) Medical Education 37, 12, 1129-30 Dec. (Comment: Medical Education, 2000 Sep, 34, 9, 721-8; PMID: 10972750).
- The Best Evidence Medical Education Collaboration: processes, products and principles, Hammick M and Haig A (2007) Clinical Teacher, 4, 42-45.
- Editorial: Best Evidence Medical Education: the simple truth, Harden RM and Lilley PM (2000) Medical Teacher, 22, 2, 117-119.
- Editorial – Best Evidence Medical Education (BEME), Hart I (1999) Medical Teacher, 21, 5, 453-454.
- Best Evidence Medical Education (BEME): a plan for action, Hart IR and Harden RM (2000) Medical Teacher, 22, 2, 131-135.
- Reflections on BEME, Norman G, Medical Teacher 2000 22, 2, 141-144.
- Report of meeting 3-5 December 1999 London, Best Evidence Medical Education (BEME) (2000) Medical Teacher, 22, 3, 242-245.